Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Did Google end up removing the review-gating policy from Google Maps? Microsoft Advertising extended its RSA deadline for another five months. Google is promoting Search Console Insights in the account menu. Google is asking some Local Guides for reviews by attribute. Google local business structured data does not support additionalType.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- In general, we recommend URL parameters (?key=value) for things like this, since they’re easier to crawl. Philosophically, I see it as “is this a new section, or an attribute, John Mueller on Twitter
- rel=”noopener” this kind of attribute in backlinks are they do follow links or they are no follow link? or it is different?, Reddit
- These decisions are rarely about usage — they’re more about usefulness., John Mueller on Twitter
- I generally don’t confirm all ranking signals, sorry., John Mueller on Twitter
- In this episode of Ecommerce Essentials, we give 6 tips to help you improve your #ecommerce websites presence in Search results. Discover best practices for product indexing, minimizing availability lag and more. Wa, Google Search Central on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.