Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Did Google end up removing the review-gating policy from Google Maps? Microsoft Advertising extended its RSA deadline for another five months. Google is promoting Search Console Insights in the account menu. Google is asking some Local Guides for reviews by attribute. Google local business structured data does not support additionalType.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- Are you including the secrets to ranking high on Sphinn?, twitter.com
- Commerce folks: We’ve got a virtual Think Retail event happening today at 10am PT/1pm ET to share holiday trends, strategies & product deep-dives. Register here https://t.co/Wx3QHBf2I2. And, a quick look at 5 new & notable u, AdsLiaison on Twitter
- Featured snippets are never guaranteed, and they will change over time. There’s no trick to getting or keeping them., John Mueller on Twitter
- It’s links, in a big web with bots. It has the juice. I can’t imagine a more beautiful thing. It’s links. I can tell you all about them. I mean, look at this thing. When I tr, John Mueller on Twitter
- That is part of the ad unit. I’ll pass your feedback on to the team though., AdsLiaison on Twitter
- We added this ages ago as workaround for shortfalls in Microdata syntax — it is why https://t.co/NMnMo6WvaQ says not to bother with it in, Dan Brickley on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.