Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google is not yet done rolling out the helpful content update but will we see significant ranking volatility? Google announced new functionality within Google Ads to apply rules to specific store visits or store sales conversion categories. Google says the growth of microdata is stagnant. Google may remove the word count reference from the Search Console news document. Google Ads confirmed a bug with Share and Auction Insights reporting for Google Ads Search campaigns starting on August 29th.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- The classifier didn’t start at launch. It already understood site content over a period of time. At launch, we just began to use the signal in ranking. It does continually wo, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- I will be direct: you really need to *significantly* improve the quality of your website (or remove it and restart) before you should expect Google to, John Mueller on Twitter
- If you’re migrating from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4, check out this awesome free Data Studio dashboard to help you monitor your progress!, Krista Seiden on Twitter
- It redirects to a subdirectory; for the change of address tool, it needs to have 1:1 redirects. The good news is that the change of address tool is totally optional, your redir, John Mueller on Twitter
- This is not really different in process from the core updates (it’s not Twitter-thread-exciting though). Algorithms get rolled out, you see the initial change, you see ongoing re, John Mueller on Twitter
- To support the presidential debate for the 2022 elections in Brazil, we looked into Google Trends data on search interest to help inform the electorate on regional trends for presidential candidates and themes. Lear, Google Search Central on Twitter
- We tend not to discuss why one page is ranking above another. I don’t think either of them are yours anyway., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.