Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google Ads extensions are now known as assets plus Google added more tools and reports. Google URL inspection tool’s screenshot tool now shows more of the mobile page. Google only checks for your favicon on your home page. Google added health, safety and sustainability attributes to hotel panels in Google Search. Google’s John Mueller spoke about 404s or canonicals for URL parameters. And the weekly SEO video recap is live and I talk about three algorithm updates and much more.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- A very inspiring local SEO success story from Liverpool’s dentistry. @sexydentistry is a leading local clinic that grew from nothing to a turnover of over £3.5M in less than four years by replacing outbound strategies w, Olga Andrienko on Twitter
- Are redirects currently broken in search console?, WebmasterWorld
- I believe Search Console just keeps that status for a while. If you followed the documented steps, and the change of address tool is happily r, John Mueller on Twitter
- I don’t know your site, but I would expect this to take at least a half year before they’re gone, and Google worked probably still try them after that. They’re long tail U, John Mueller on Twitter
- Marking spam as spam lowers your response rate in Google Business Profile. A workaround is to first reply to the spammer before blocking & reporting them., Len on Twitter
- No. Assuming it’s this, at most, it could trigger the mobile usability report to show that a page isn’t mobile-friendly. A page doesn’t need to be mobile-frie, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.