Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google said site quality issues are not necessarily technical issues but rather issues users find to be problematic with your website. Google is testing highlighting text also in people also ask boxes. Google said just don’t make your cookie consent banners annoying. Google is testing a new image thumbnail placement in the top stories. Google said there is no percentage of no indexed pages that is specifically bad.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- FYI – the international targeting tool in Search Console will be deprecated after September 22. If you want to take a look at the hreflang reports, it would be good to download those as, John Mueller on Twitter
- Do you really need robots meta tags? In this episode of #AskGooglebot, @JohnMu explains what robot meta tags are and why you might use them. Watch it here., Google Search Central on Twitter
- Google shuttering Goggle surveys, Greg Sterling on Twitter
- I’m seeing the most recent GBP post show up in the overview where the photos are. All posts show up much lower on the profile. Looks like if your most recent post is old, you don’t get it highlighted. Another reason t, Tricia Clements on Twitter
- I’m tempted to leave this joke-tweet uncommented, but yes, it is a joke. There is no H3ageddon., John Mueller on Twitter
- Lol, sorry :-). No, this is not a new official SEO guideline or recommendation, it’s just random banter on the web. I’m just trying to cause a crash in the, John Mueller on Twitter
- Quick update on the AIOSEO Plugin redirect situation from August. The plugin was finally updated. Users can still redirect all 404s, which is NOT what you should be doing, but they placed it under an ‘Advanced Settings’ menu w, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Sometimes even when you’re searching for something, the search result just screams “bad SEO” and I’m torn between visiting or explicitly not visiting because of that., John Mueller on Twitter
- Microsoft Releases Windows 11 2022 Update, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- 10-Step Guide to Effective Healthcare SEO, Semrush
- 5 reasons Google Merchant Center needs to be part of your ecommerce SEO strategy, DAC
- Automatically extract concepts and keywords from a text Part II, Oncrawl
- How To Make Your SEO Résumé Rank, Leverable SEO
- Is Infinite Scroll Bad for Your SEO?, seoClarity
- Product identifiers like SKU and GTIN are essential for ecommerce SEO, Yoast
- The Importance of Videos in B2B Marketing, Pure Visibility
- Writing high-impact internal SEO reports, WTF is SEO?
- Yoast WooCommerce SEO 15.2: A new product identifier check, Yoast
- E-commerce SEO: The Beginner’s Guide, Ahrefs
- eBook: How Betting Brands Can Use Google’s New Features to Win FTDs, Receptional
- How to know good SEO advice from bad: SERP’s Up SEO Podcast, Wix SEO Hub
- Visibility Leaders – Retail Content in Google, SISTRIX
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.