Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google has finished rolling out both the September core update and the September product reviews update but we still see some volatility today. Google’s John Mueller is offering to review your public presentations to make sure it is accurate. Google said if you don’t know if your content is expertly written, then it probably is not. Google said there is no percentage to measure duplicate content. Google is testing a new search feature to collect your recipes in a Google Cookbook. Oh, Search On is today, so I should have some news for tomorrow on that.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- I’d focus more on what your users expect. Are you focusing on topics where users expect up-to-date information? or is it something that’s, John Mueller on Twitter
- As an aside, everything in your blog post is a terrible idea. If you’re not the developer, then never install extensions from outside of the Chrome store., John Mueller on Twitter
- Google ignores any dofollow attribute on links., John Mueller on Twitter
- I suspect the domain was expired. Comment link building is mostly automated, they don’t do a lot of real work., John Mueller on Twitter
- XML namespaces are identifiers, they’re not requested by users, so HTTPS or not does not change anything in terms of security, but it can result in validators failing sinc, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.